Thursday, November 09, 2006

Getting my helicopter license in L.A.

I always head two dreams in my life. Number one was to become a skydiver and number two to fly helicopters. Well it looks like I am on the way! Starting in Austria with Sigi "Blacky" Schwarz on a Red Bull Bell 47 turbine and continue here in Van Nuys airport with famous italien helicopter pilot YOYO GUSSO was the right descission! It was not easy to handle the change from a heavy Bell 47 to a little tricky Robinson 22. But hard daily work with my italien teacher MASSIMO finally paid off!
I already have 15 hours and one nightflight to L.A. downtown! Thank you my friend!


Bad boys, bad boys what you gonna do..?
Photo by David Smith


Landing on the helipad at Van Nuys airport. Massimo didn´t touch anything!!
Photo by David Smith


Twin Air sweetheart Maggy. She´s taking care about everybody and everything. Fly´s helicopters too!


Massimo and me in front of the Robinson 22 right before take off


Massimo giving me first instructions at Twin Air Helicopter school, Van Nuys





"Before flight check" is highly recomended!
Photo by David Smith





Getting ready for take off!


Bird view from our Robinson 22 over New Hall Pass at 2500 feet


Landing with the R22 at "Piru Wash" practice area. Picture taken by Massimo

I have to quit posting right now and start heading out to Van Nuys preparing my second night flight.

to be continued...!